SASS Wire Forum

Jaco Pastorius

One of the best bass players ever. I don’t know why his name popped in my mind in a dream. Tragic life and death. Alcohol ruined him.

https://www.grunge.com/961250/the-tragic-1987-death-of-jaco-pastorius/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alcohol and drugs have ruined too many lives than can be counted, men and women, famous and unknown alike. Addiction is a terrible disease.

BTW, Norton gave me a warning of blocking a threat associated with the website just as I finished reading the article.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Alcohol and drugs have ruined too many lives than can be counted, men and women, famous and unknown alike. Addiction is a terrible disease.

BTW, Norton gave me a warning of blocking a threat associated with the website just as I finished reading the article.

Hmm, I don't have Norton. I use an IMac computer and IPhone maybe that's why I didn't get a warning?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

One of the best bass players ever. I don’t know why his name popped in my mind in a dream. Tragic life and death. Alcohol ruined him.

https://www.grunge.com/961250/the-tragic-1987-death-of-jaco-pastorius/

In many cases, alcohol and drugs also served the purpose of self medicating for a mental illness.  In this case, Jaco suffered from severe bi-polar.  I did get a chance to see him play live once.  He was a phenomenal musician.

• Like 1