SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy Port Arms for Palewolf

Before I get started, I would just like to apologize to the members of the forum.  This topic is specifically addressed to Palewolf.

I tired to send this in a private message addressed to only him however apparently you cannot insert an image into a private message (at least I can't figure out how).

Palewolf,

As you saw on Facebook, there has been some discussion at our club on what constitutes a legal Cowboy Port Arms position.

Based on your comment on Facebook and what I read in the handbook,  I believe the image below depicts a legal port arms position.

However, others in our group are skeptical.  Would you please weigh in on if the position shown is a legal Cowboy Port Arms position?

Thank you,

Vance Lorenzana

Runs With Scissors

If others want to comment on this, feel free but to me, the only opinion that counts is palewolfs.

Cowboy port arms.jpg

• Like 1

SHB 2024 Pg 13 Stage Conventions:

"Cowboy port-arms is defined as standing upright with the butt of the long gun at or below the waist of the shooter, the muzzle at or above the shoulder, and the long gun held with both hands."

What else needs explaining?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, runs with scissors said:

Would you please weigh in on if the position shown is a legal Cowboy Port Arms position?

Under the SASS definition quoted by FWR...YES...it is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, J.S. Sooner, SASS #73526 said:

FYI, your lever should be closed with hammer down on empty chamber to start the stage.  Photo shown has the lever open, chamber condition unknown. 

Lever was open because I just grabbed it off the unloading table for the picture.  Obviously, it would be closed in actual use.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2