SASS Wire Forum

FOUND Marlin 38/357 SS done by Spur or If Slick has done the work, Cowboy Carty also.

No longer looking for a Spur Marlin short stroke , Slick McQuade,Cowboy Carty or a Widdermatic Marlin. Have one and really like it just looking for its match. Just looking for the needle in the haystack Thank you

Thanks to all 

Edited by KidScott
Found what I needed

44 minutes ago, KidScott said:

Looking for a Spur Marlin short stroke or open to a Marlin that Slick has done. Would like paperwork . Please don't say I think he did. 38/357. Have one and really like it just looking for its match. Thank you

I'm not selling mine, but it was short-stroked by Spur and then worked over further by Slick.  Neither sent me any special paperwork, just the rifle.  So folks might not have any paperwork to show you.

I do understand just trying to weed out any potential scammers. Bought the one I have from Slick and want another one. Sweet rifle

3 hours ago, KidScott said:

Yes , did talked with him. Very helpful and very busy. So just trying a different path. Thanks 

Just a suggestion but you should also expand your search to include a Cowboy Carty done Marlin. He took the business over from and was trained by Spur. I can attest there is no finer Marlin smith out there. 

• Thanks 1

Great suggestion, sure will

I would love to have his rifle. Just know he is pretty busy. Know Spur taught him ,is my understanding. 

• KidScott changed the title to WTB Marlin 38/357 SS done by Spur or If Slick has done the work, Cowboy Carty also.
  • KidScott changed the title to FOUND Marlin 38/357 SS done by Spur or If Slick has done the work, Cowboy Carty also.