SASS Wire Forum

Shooters World Ultimate Pistol powder for 12 gage SASS shotgun loads?

Wild Eagle

This powder is great for 45acp and 9mm.

Load data for this powder is quite limited as it is, the only data I have seen for it comes directly from Shooters World and is only for pistols.

Been using this load for 2yrs with shooters world powder on a MEC 900, 15grs. MEC #18 bushing , 7/8 oz.  shot , clay buster gray wad ,Cheddite 209 primer .

Both myself and the wife shoot this load ,pretty mild . Might try going down a little in powder , also will load some up with 3/4oz. shot and see how it goes..

Scarlett has some load data on her web site about loading about loading Clean Shot in shotgun shells.

Willie

I think it’s page 23 of 52 in their load data manual - but NOT for Ultimate Pistol. 

He

IMG_3296.jpeg

Thank all of you that responded, I appreciate you taking the time to do so.  I have been using Clean Shot for several years for most of my pistol loads and some shotgun loads.  I found a couple of 8# kegs of Ultimate Pistol that I could buy from a friend, so thought I'd see if anyone here had tried it for shotgun.  I have only used it for 9MM and 45ACP so far, but plan to try it in 45 Colt the next time I'm loading that caliber ( usually shoot 38 ).

Thank you again.

Archived