SASS Wire Forum

Indoor range shooting today

A few weeks ago, a friend and I went to an indoor range. I wanted to shoot some guns that I had never fired. One was a 8mm Nambu semi auto pistol using new loaded ammo from Buffalo Arms.  All went well. I also got to shoot a 10 ga. double (modern steel) with 3.5" magnum slug loads.  This range is slug only for shotguns.  It was a bruiser but fun to shoot. 

Today we went back and I was shooting a new to me 1873 in 45 Colt, a small Beretta that is 22 short only and a 1887 with slug loads.  All went well, but I was surprised to learn that the

1887 12 ga. kicked worse than the 10 ga double with 23" barrels. My friend had the same opinion about this.

Horace

12 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

And length....

Could be, but it is a little longer than my 10 ga.  However, I'm not planning to shoot CAS with either one.

Horace

29 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

What is this “in door range” thou speakth of?  :D

Apparently, a company called Range USA bought up a lot of indoor ranges. They say that they are the largest range operator in the US.

Horace

2 minutes ago, Horace Patootie, SASS #35798 said:

Apparently, a company called Range USA bought up a lot of indoor ranges. They say that they are the largest range operator in the US.

Horace

Wonderment, in door ranges.

A young city couple built beside us in the country.  Their first weekend they expressed concern that they heard gunfire and wonder what it was all about.  “Too early for deer season”. I told them, “ I wasn’t shooting on my outdoor range,  could be our neighbor to the north of us or my neighbor to the east.  And there is someone else south of us …. I’m sorry, lot of folks around have their own gun ranges, I don’t notice the gunfire.”

45 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

What is this “in door range” thou speakth of?  :D

Bragger:lol: 

We have outdoor ranges in Chicago, called South and West Side

Archived