SASS Wire Forum

New SASS Merchant Taper Tool

Average Joe

Hi. I’m Average Joe, SASS# 95515.
I’m a new SASS Merchant and I started COWBOY EDGE this year making an affordable shotshell tapering tool that puts just under a 3 degree taper in the last 1/2” of a 12 gauge SAAMI spec shell.  They’re available at www.cowboyedge.com  

If you have questions you can send me an email at joe@cowboyedge.com. IMG_2794.heic

There are a bunch of reviews on the website and more coming.   You might have seen them on carts where you shoot. They’re being used by shooters in MN, IL, IN, WI, CA, AZ, ID, IA, TX and even Australia now.  I’m sure there’s some I’m missing. 
thanks to everyone who’s purchased them so far. You can find them sold at shoots by Johnny Meadows, Toronado, River Boat Red and myself. 
 I’d be interested in hearing if you think there’s a need for these for 20 gauge shells. 
See you on the range!

• Like 1

I tried it at Green Mountain also. Totes is right it worked really well.

Jax T

• 1 month later...

So just received mine and went out and tapered a box of shells. Less than 5 minutes and they were done much nicer taper and more than the hand ones you twist. Biggest plus my hands don't hurt after tapering a few the old way.

Nice strong well built tool.

Additionally Average Joe is well above average to do business with! 

• 2 weeks later...

Average Joe! Congrats on becoming a SASS merchant!  

I can vouch for him and his tool being above average! :)  I love mine! It reduced my shotgun fumbles... now, can you come up with something that will make me shoot a clean match?

See you in spring, Joe!

Edited by Last Call Saul
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2024 at 3:33 PM, Marshal Stone, SASS #53366 said:

You gonna have them at EOT by any chance?

Marshal Stone

Sorry Marshal Stone. I missed this one. Johnny Meadows will have them at the End of Trail at his table.  they’re available anytime at www.Cowboyedge.com