SASS Wire Forum

"Awakening of the Myth" - Fiat AS.6

Sedalia Dave

“Awakening of the Myth” – Fiat AS.6 Engine of Macchi-Castoldi Fame Roars to Life!

2023 marked the centenary of the Aeronautica Militare Italiana (AMI), Italy’s Air Force. However, despite its rich aeronautical heritage, Italy is not well known for its vintage aviation activities. This year was different though, and definitely, one to remember for the Italian historic aviation community thanks to the AMI and numerous private organizations and historic aviation enthusiasts who organized special initiatives to celebrate this significant milestone.

Italy has a superb history with motor vehicles.

It is not surprising they should be able to produce a superior aircraft as well.

A WWII pilot described their biplanes as nimble, the comparison that sticks with me is sports cars of the air.

Awesome! My dad always said his flying brought him closer to God. He would have watched these videos for hours on end. I miss him taking me to all the air shows. Thanks Sedalia Dave.

7 minutes ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

Awesome! My dad always said his flying brought him closer to God. He would have watched these videos for hours on end. I miss him taking me to all the air shows. Thanks Sedalia Dave.

Cool. What did he fly? Pilot, crew member?

Archived