SASS Wire Forum

.32 ACP revolvers

A member of my club is preparing a display of SASS-legal ammo.  The question of the day:  Is .32 ACP “a cartridge commonly available in revolvers”?

I know that there are (or were) .32 ACP conversion cylinders available for Nagant revolvers but I have not been able to locate examples of revolvers originally chambered for the .32 ACP/7.62 Browning.

Yes, I know that .32 ACP can be fired in at least some revolvers chambered for “other” .32 cartridges but I don’t think that answers the question.

32 acp like 32 S&W, 32 S&W long, 32 H&R would normally shoot in Ruger revolvers for 32 H&R. those being six hole cylinders. The could also be fired in the Rugers with more  cylinder holes which are not SASS legal revolvers. I never tried 32 auto in old S&W short revolvers because of their weakness and age. I suspect any 32 long revolver would accept them. I stand to be corrected, but with other rim less cartridges legal for SASS, I suspect if you had a lead bullet loaded to meet the minimum SASS power factor fired in a legal SASS revolver it would be ok.  The deciding factor I would think is the lead bullet

Archived