SASS Wire Forum

Squatters

Mid-morning there was the sound of idling engines out back so I looked. Many fire trucks.  Hmmm, I texted my landlady who happens to be a city fireman and got “the rest of the story”. In the building being renovated there were apparently squatters who had a campfire in one of the apartments.  Landlady would have been there but her company had responded elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Mid-morning there was the sound of idling engines out back so I looked. Many fire trucks.  Hmmm, I texted my landlady who happens to be a city fireman and got “the rest of the story”. In the building being renovated there were apparently squatters who had a campfire in one of the apartments.  Landlady would have been there but her company had responded elsewhere.

Hope there wasn't too much damage.

This is a fire started by squatters on New Year’s Eve in an old bank building in Escondido. 

81DBA4D4-17A3-4368-99B0-E021DBD69685.jpeg

Seems like every dirt side road has a POS rv of some kind parked at the end. Three weeks ago had the sheriff order one off of my neighbors road (he was gone and asked us to watch for him). Their story was they thought it was public access to the river and wanted to exercise the dog. Two years ago some squatters broke into an empty house next door, started a fire in an enclosed porch and burned the house to the ground. The nearby desert BLM area has dozens of trash piles that have to be cleaned up as the squatters just dump whatever wherever for somebody else to deal with. So tired of the freeloading lifestyle! 
Disgusted by some people 

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:
Gateway Kid

Archived