SASS Wire Forum

Stoeger trigger not working

Rye Miles #13621

I noticed this morning that the back trigger on my Stoeger is not moving at all. I’m no gunsmith so is this something I need to have a gunsmith look at or is it an easy fix?

Thanks,Rye 

The triggers are easy to see with the stock off. Maybe an eyeball in there will give you a hint. Don't over tighten the bolt when you replace the stock. I believe the manual has a torque spec. so as not cause stock splitting.

Maybe just needs a good cleaning.  As recommended remove the stock and clean out the action.  If it is not cocking the hammer properly the ramp engaging cocking levers may be worn.  The ramp is on the rear of your forearm.  

Detailed photos can be found in a 2 part article on swapping triggers in SASS Chronicle November and December 2009.  https://www.sassnet.com/resources/cowboy-chronicle

1 hour ago, J.S. Sooner, SASS #73526 said:

Maybe just needs a good cleaning.  As recommended remove the stock and clean out the action.  If it is not cocking the hammer properly the ramp engaging cocking levers may be worn.  The ramp is on the rear of your forearm.  

Detailed photos can be found in a 2 part article on swapping triggers in SASS Chronicle November and December 2009.  https://www.sassnet.com/resources/cowboy-chronicle

Those articles by Mr. Pettifogger are excellent. I did everything he recommended to mine 12 years ago when it was new except changing firing pins. It still runs flawless today.

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I noticed this morning that the back trigger on my Stoeger is not moving at all. I’m no gunsmith so is this something I need to have a gunsmith look at or is it an easy fix?

Thanks,Rye 

Maybe it's broken? :P:lol:

Seriously, call me, I may have a solution to your problem.

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Thanks,Rye 

Rye,

I located my lame Stoeger tri-fold " manual" it states:

"TIGHTEN BUTT STOCK BOLT, TORQUE NOT TO EXCEED 5 FT.LBS." (60 in. lbs.)

I knew it seemed light but couldn't remember above!

EH

Well folks my buddy IM Crossdraw fixed my problem over the phone!

I had my shotgun loaded and the safety on for about a week.  He had me take the gun (unloaded of course) and tap the butt stock on the floor and WALLAH it works!!!! There’s a rubber pad on the butt so nothing to crack.
He said since I never use the safety (it’s manual) it must have stuck. 
Thanks pard the check is in the mail!:P:lol:

Archived