SASS Wire Forum

Flatiron

Utah Bob #35998

One of my favorites cuts of beef. With a southwestern chili rub. I doubt I can eat all of this but I’ll give it a try.

FE9FE284-FB5B-4041-BDB1-89CBC1804445.jpeg

That is also my favorite cut. If you can find it around here, it s high priced and not good cuts.ive noticed a real change in the quality of beef here on the east coast. A friend that works as a butcher told me that most of our beef is coming from South America now.. time to start buying from my local farmer. Nothing worse than buying crappy high priced beef

Just so happens that the wife and I bought some flatiron steak last week for some Mexican. It was so tasteless and bad that we feed it to our dog. Disappointing 

9 minutes ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

That is also my favorite cut. If you can find it around here, it s high priced and not good cuts.ive noticed a real change in the quality of beef here on the east coast. A friend that works as a butcher told me that most of our beef is coming from South America now.. time to start buying from my local farmer. Nothing worse than buying crappy high priced beef

Just so happens that the wife and I bought some flatiron steak last week for some Mexican. It was so tasteless and bad that we feed it to our dog. Disappointing 

Buying from a local rancher friend through a good processor is the best - very good meat, inexpensive by the pound and no supply chain issues. A bit of a hit because you are buying  a lot, it is a stout check.  I have done it for years.

Archived