SASS Wire Forum

Parts interchangeability ASM to Pietta

Slim.  You’re probably gonna’ need a gunsmith if at all.

Entirely different Cat C.J.

HOWEVER, I do concur.  I use to be a connoisseur of ASM Conversions.  They were all built on 1861 frame types by the way.  Mine in .38 would cut a one hole 5 round group at 25 yards.

I crying shame the QC was so poor. 

1 hour ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Entirely different Cat C.J.

HOWEVER, I do concur.  I use to be a connoisseur of ASM Conversions.  They were all built on 1861 frame types by the way.  Mine in .38 would cut a one hole 5 round group at 25 yards.

I crying shame the QC was so poor. 

Mine does as well. I only referenced it to point out that all ASM aren't junk. It was an 1860, having the larger gripframe. A few years back, I found a 1851, 61, 73 gripframe for it, and made it an 1861, since it is a .38.

My first SAA was an ASM in .357. The front sight fell off.

C. J.

True.  At one point I had 11 of them.  Two were my Main Match guns for several years.  The rest (9) were my "parts stash." The only difference in the ASM "1860" and an "1861" was the Grip Frame.  The ASM "1860" did not have the stepped cylinder.  The only difference between those and the "1851" was the Barrel/ejector assembly.  As close as one could get to a Richards Conversion without spending mega bucks for a custom job.  I liked mine alot.  As mentioned, Super Accurate.

A shop out in California use to use ASM major parts to cobble up some really fine Conversions.  Didn't last long though.  Legal problems (Drat).

Archived