SASS Wire Forum

"1883" Stage Design

Willie Earp, SASS#19022

I have been watching the tv series "1883" and there seems to be some excellent material for Cowboy Stage design. Here are some ideas.  Let me know what you think?

1883 Episode 2, Behind Us, A Cliff
In the White Elephant Saloon (Ft Worth) Long Hair Jim Courtright (Billie Bob Thornton) shoots down the rustlers than have murdered several settlers on the wagon train.
The starting line:  My name is (say your name) and I'm the only one allowed to kill anyone here!
Start with pistols first, but I'm not sure where to go from there.

1883 Episode 5, Fangs of Freedom
Several murdering rustlers have already killed some settlers that were left behind, so you decide to take them out before they do you.  You use a settler and his wife to bait them into a gun battle.  You take down the first one with a shotgun, then pull your pistols and chase the rest down.
The starting line: (?????)
Shotgun first, then pistols with no rifle(?)

1883 Episode 7, Lightning Yellowhair
A tornado has devastated the wagon train, and in the aftermath, you go in search of the scattered cattle herd.  You find the cattle AND 12 cattle rustlers that immediately chase after you, with pistols blazing.  You dismount and pull your lever rifle, to defend yourself.
The starting line:  Here they come!
Rifle first, then pistols with No shotgun(?)

Sorry there are only 3 so far, but more episodes are coming....

Willie Earp
Fort Worth, TEXAS

I've only watched through Episode 6, so I didn't read your full post for fear of spoilers.  But I originally thought you meant 1 on Outside left,  8 on Inside left, 8 on Inside Right, and 3 on Outside Right.

Our Pards down in South Dakota came up with a rifle / pistol sweep called the 1883.   Really had some of us talking to ourselves        GW

Archived