SASS Wire Forum

Favorite Fireman Slogan

6 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Today I remembered my favorite fireman slogan (and there are many)>

"Your worst day, is our every day". 

Thank you to all the great firemen, who came to our aid this morning. 

May the Lord bless, and protect, all of you.

Please don't forget the ladies that were a part of your call.  That's why we are now called Firefighters..........

BTDT - Got too many of the t-shirts.

Thank goodness for that telepathic connection we all have so we know what’s going on…

I do thank God for all of our Emergency Responders; Police, Fire, EMTs, Paramedics, 911 Operators… all of them. 

3 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Please let us know you and the Queen are safe and fine.

House fire?

Medical?

Car accident?

No matter, prayers coming your way!

When I was transferred here, in 1982, we bought a small home. We move across town in 2008, and leased the old house, since my spouse had an emotional attachment to the place, since we raised our son there. This year, when we finally got the destructive renters out, we spend tons of money to upgrade the place/paint/repair. A new family move in, and leased the place this August. It caught fire yesterday morning. The family is now staying in a Red Cross shelter. Their animals did not survive, and the cause of the fire is not yet known. Now we wait on the insurance company to determine if it is a total loss, or can be repaired. It may boil down to lawyer time, if they don't do the right thing. We shall see. 

There ya go.

W.K.

5 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

Please don't forget the ladies that were a part of your call.  That's why we are now called Firefighters..........

BTDT - Got too many of the t-shirts.

I did not see any lady firefighters, at the fire, yesterday, but I know they are a big part of the fire department. I call all firefighters, regardless of gender, "firemen". I even call the dog, that rides on the fire truck, a "firemen". 

When I did a memorial service, for a retired fireman, a couple of weeks ago, I worked closely with a lady that was one of the Dallas fire department chaplains. Being a Navy vet, the basic job of a sailor, is firefighting, no matter what else you are trained in, you are a firefighter. 

So...I call all firefighters "firemen". I am not meaning to leave out the ladies, or to minimize their role. I just have always referred to firefighters as firemen, and also I don't worry about being politically correct. 

I also say: meterman, lineman, policeman, etc, but we all know that women are these things as well, and they do a terrific job. 

I am a guy, and normal, so I love women. What a gift they are to all of us. My mother was a woman. :lol: 

3 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

When I was transferred here, in 1982, we bought a small home. We move across town in 2008, and leased the old house, since my spouse had an emotional attachment to the place, since we raised our son there. This year, when we finally got the destructive renters out, we spend tons of money to upgrade the place/paint/repair. A new family move in, and leased the place this August. It caught fire yesterday morning. The family is now staying in a Red Cross shelter. Their animals did not survive, and the cause of the fire is not yet known. Now we wait on the insurance company to determine if it is a total loss, or can be repaired. It may boil down to lawyer time, if they don't do the right thing. We shall see. 

There ya go.

W.K.

Specific prayers going out to you...

Archived