SASS Wire Forum

Old School Meets New School

YEP!!  That’ll do!!

10 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

He was being kind...and low key. 

This must be an outsiders view of how we do that, down here.

That's the first attempt at warning him off.  You know, reasonably polite but firm with LOTS of eye contact and hidden meanings so's there's nothing to upset the policeman if he decides to call them.

If he doesn't pay attention to it, THEN you, him and an axe handle take a little mud riding trip on the power lines to discuss the matter privately in depth and detail.

When my adopted daughter introduced me to her new fiancé, after they had set the date, I took him aside, and said this to him:

"If you ever get tired of her, just bring her back home to me, and things will be fine. If you abuse, or hit her, I will kill you. Do you understand me? Do you believe me?" They have been happily married, for nearly 20 years now, and have two boys. They all even go to church together, every week.  

Anyway...I just figured he might as well know his options, before he took the vows.

It was pretty much the same speech I heard from my soon-to-be father-in-law...many years ago. I understood and believed him, as well. He was a world war 2 veteran, and a bricklayer. He became one of my best friends.

Archived