SASS Wire Forum

A stocking for the Walker Colt

Slowhand Bob, 24229

Well I did not get a Uberti Walker in time for Christmas BUT I did get a fake Walker mold gun!  I am going to play around with this after Christmas towards the idea of making an across the chest style holster (sort of).  The hope is to get the Walkers size and weight manageable for use as a match gun IF it can be done in a legal way for SASS??  I figure all materials need to be restricted to leather and metals and the gun actually needs to mount far enough to the side to be legal under the cross draw rules.  Though this could be mounted in the same way as a chest carry with a shoulder strap (ala shoulder holster) but  perhaps trade the full  'around the waist' strap for a short strap attaching to a normal waist worn belt.  Could you envision this being capable of legally mounting one or even two of the monster sized hog legs in a SASS match??  By the way, my wife says I am no longer strong enuff to raise one of these beast pistols to eye level, much less walk around all day wearing a pair of them BUT I say, first things first, lets get started on the leather. 

On 12/24/2020 at 8:25 PM, Slowhand Bob, 24229 said:

The hope is to get the Walkers size and weight manageable for use as a match gun IF it can be done in a legal way for SASS?? 

Using a Walker as a match gun?   The first pistol I use in this string is a Walker.  Other than converted to cartridges, it's as it came from Uberti.

Second pistol is a "milspec" SAA clone.    Normally I pair the Walker with a Dragoon.

I got two of the Walker holsters from this place...

https://possibleshop.com/p-g-cap-ball-rigs.html

My Dragoon also fits the holster just fine.  I got two Walker holsters so I can put either pistol on either hip depending on how I feel that day.

Welcome to the Bunkhouse Leather (bunkhousetools.com)  These are about as cheep as it gets, price wise, and they are also suitable for the guys who are looking for a gun that can be used for their holster while resting  between matches.  I did break one or two of these products when perhaps using extra force on occasion but then you do get what you pay for!  Better molding products are the ones made from aluminum by Duncan Molds and I liked the idea that the size seemed a bit larger???

Archived