SASS Wire Forum

Powder Creek Cowboys August 22, 2020 - Postal Match - Stage #5 Dewey Cattle Company

Stage #5, The Dewey Cattle Company, from the Powder Creek Cowboys annual postal match with our sister club in Australia, the Dalby Pioneers. This year the Pioneers wrote the stages and as always they were creative and challenging!

https://youtu.be/iN5NYFjh_no

Thanks Tame Bill for posting, I hope your back  shooting soon.

We always enjoy the Postal  shoot  & next year will be the 10th.

Looks like you got us again , the score stands at PCC 5 Aussies 4.

Combined there were 83 shooters  [ 45 + 38 ]

Just for others interest myself & 3 mates shot  at  the Kansas PCC range in 2011 & since 2012 we have had the annual challenge between our clubs.

3 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

And we had a great time meeting you!

Loved the boomerang sweep on Saturday. Was stressed at first when stage was read but realized I was overthinking it. Kudos!

Howdy AB..Time flies doesn't seem like nearly 10 years ago. !!!

The Boomerang sweep is a great stage..attached a pic of our  set-up for the postal.

001.JPG

9 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Howdy AB..Time flies doesn't seem like nearly 10 years ago. !!!

The Boomerang sweep is a great stage..attached a pic of our  set-up for the postal.

001.JPG

For those less informed explain the Boomerang sweep please.  Looks interesting

On 8/25/2020 at 7:11 AM, Sedalia Dave said:

For those less informed explain the Boomerang sweep please.  Looks interesting

20 rounds total, pistols & rifle, shooters choice. Starting on any outside corner, engage targets in a boomerang sweep.

(Note the v-shape to the pattern, mimicking a boomerang.) The image below shows just one way to shoot it. In this example, shooter starts in the upper left-hand corner. The yellow line represents the first 5-shot string. Shooter starts 2nd string (green line) on the lower left target (yes, it's a double tap) for 5 more shots.   Switching to another gun(s) shooter starts the 3rd string (red line) on lower right target for 5 shots. Finish 4th string by starting on upper right target for final 5 shots.

Note that shooter ends up on the same target they started on.

u53N7ng.jpg

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

20 rounds total, pistols & rifle, shooters choice. Starting on any outside corner, engage targets in a boomerang sweep.

(Note the v-shape to the pattern, mimicking a boomerang.) The image below shows just one way to shoot it. In this example, shooter starts in the upper left-hand corner. The yellow line represents the first 5-shot string. Shooter starts 2nd string (green line) on the lower left target (yes, it's a double tap) for 5 more shots.   Switching to another gun(s) shooter starts the 3rd string (red line) on lower right target for 5 shots. Finish 4th string by starting on upper right target for final 5 shots.

u53N7ng.jpg

Thanks Abilene.

Basically 4 Boomerangs & you follow each one.

I must find out who designed it as I can't remember, I do know it first appeared at the Gold Coast Gamblers a few years back.

One of my favorite stages ,it freaks a few people at first  !!!

OOPS..One important thing I forgot to mention re the result..it is a unique scoring system that rewards all participants .Points are awarded for different things such as best attendance, O'all man & Lady, lowest average time, clean shooters.BUT the most important ingredient  is to fill as many Categories as possible. Powder Creek Cowboys won most of  the others except the majority  of  Category winners.

I had conceded & said you have it in the bag as we needed a lot of Category wins.Aussies snuck in  825--815.

So it's now 5--4 in favor of the Dalby Pioneers.

2 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

u53N7ng.jpg

Now that is a very creative sweep. I like it.

Sounds very complicated but the little graphic makes it as clear as a bell.

Archived