SASS Wire Forum

WTB Powder Baffle for MEC Universal Charge Bar

OK Dirty Dan

A few weeks ago High Noon Henry was kind enough to dig through his storage and find a Universal Charge Bar for my MEC shotshell loader, but he couldn't find the baffle. 

I'm having inconsistent results dropping powder currently, so now I'm on the lookout for the baffle. 

If you have a spare laying around or know where else I can get one, please let me know. Not sure what a fair price would be since it was never sold separately--as far as I can tell--and the whole product sold for around $50 when new. Maybe $15 or so? Thanks much!

EC476795-AC33-41F1-A2C2-356543E792E5.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Curly Pete said:

Ballistic Products sells this baffle (item # 2100005) for $15.99 plus shipping.  Unfortunately, it says they are out of stock right now but they should get them back in soon.

The company which made this bar appears to be defunct. I've called their listed numbers and get an error response, and no retailer has these in stock. I don't really know why all the retailers still show them on their websites, but I seriously doubt they're ever going to be restocked.

I had a couple used them for a bit but found it didn't help me any, so I took them off. I only used them with Clays and BP, though.

2 hours ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

I had a couple used them for a bit but found it didn't help me any, so I took them off. I only used them with Clays and BP, though.

Interesting. I'm using Clays currently but also have a few other powders to try. I just feel like a variation between throws of over 2 grains isn't what I should expect. 

Archived