SASS Wire Forum

Dame Vera

Subdeacon Joe

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1256628/Wartime-Dame-Vera-Lynn-white-cliffs-of-dover?fbclid=IwAR16EgwmupADG3nOycbnr6Q5nYqPz0MtJ4W8B0wBpb3pNH-vCGWSlbZqqok

National treasure Dame Vera Lynn called on the nation to evoke the wartime spirit yesterday as she delivered a message of hope in the face of the coronavirus crisis. The iconic singer was dubbed the Forces' Sweetheart during the Second World War as she helped raise morale among troops.

And now Dame Vera has marked her 103rd birthday this week with a new rallying call, urging Britons to help one another through the crisis. Speaking from her home in Sussex, she said: “In these uncertain times, I am taken back to my time during World War II, when we all pulled together and looked after each other. 

Dame Vera Lynn

10 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1256628/Wartime-Dame-Vera-Lynn-white-cliffs-of-dover?fbclid=IwAR16EgwmupADG3nOycbnr6Q5nYqPz0MtJ4W8B0wBpb3pNH-vCGWSlbZqqok

National treasure Dame Vera Lynn called on the nation to evoke the wartime spirit yesterday as she delivered a message of hope in the face of the coronavirus crisis. The iconic singer was dubbed the Forces' Sweetheart during the Second World War as she helped raise morale among troops.

And now Dame Vera has marked her 103rd birthday this week with a new rallying call, urging Britons to help one another through the crisis. Speaking from her home in Sussex, she said: “In these uncertain times, I am taken back to my time during World War II, when we all pulled together and looked after each other. 

Dame Vera Lynn

There will be bluebirds over, the White Cliffs of Dover, tomorrow, just you wait and see. 

Archived