SASS Wire Forum

Found One -- Thanks! RCBS Hand Priming Tool

I'd like to try one of these again.

Anyone have one they don't want?
Price with shipping to 44118.

Thanks

--Dawg

Untitled2.jpg

Just make sure you have RCBS shell holders.The way they are made...most other brands will not fit. The RCBS hand priming too with the universal jaws for shell holders are a royal PITA  I have one of them and it sits. Jaws won't hold smaller rims...like 45 colt. They pop out of the jaws. I bought the larger square primer trays for the RCBS I have that take the shell holders. Easier to use.

7 hours ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Lee won't fit?

Yes, after I work over their little bottom hole on the lathe with a Dremel tool and diamond crusted bit.  

Sawmill Mary loves to use her RCBS priming tool.  But I'm responsible for all maintenance and repair.  She can't seem to get the nack of lifting the pushrod up to align with the bottom of the ram. 

Lee will not fit as they come from the factory. There is a champher on the bottom of the shell holder.They are a greater angle and deeper on the RCBS. On the priming tool there is a raised cone that the shell holder fits on top of.

I have used an old Lee hand primer for years.

I usually prime alot at a sitting, but my thumb gets awful tired after a while, so this looked like one I'd like to try.

Ever since Lee has gone to the newer versions, I've been unhappy with their designs, so......

Just was looking for something a bit different, to give my thumb relief from the Lee.

Thanks to everyone for your comments & help  -- I appreciate it.

--Dawg

13 minutes ago, Uriah, SASS # 53822 said:

I mostly use a Lee Hand primer, it’s so much easier to use. I have an RCBS if std Lee priming tool holder don’t fit.

Uriah

The old Lee priming tool worked.  The new improved model with the elevator feed system - not so well.  The plastic gizmo broke in no time.  We took it back Grafs to see if they had parts.  They gave us our money back towards a RCBS.  

P.S.  the old model Lee priming tools bring a premium price on EBay. 

Yes, I've used one for years -- still do.

Wanted one for when my thumb gets tuckered out.

Tried their new design -- didn't care for it -- Not an improvement -- gave it away

I'll give this a try & see how it works.

--Dawg

Overall...I like mine. I do have a problem with primers getting double stacked on the lifter once in a while. A whole lot better than the new Lee stuff....wish they would bring back the old dependable ones. I still have a couple of them. I have robbed parts from new ones to fix old ones.

Archived