SASS Wire Forum

Am I the only one that doesn’t like New Year’s Day?

Pat Riot

New Year's Day does not bother me at all.

Last night, however, I was reminded of why I don't like New Year's Eve.

Here in Florida real fireworks are illegal. All you can legally have is stuff that makes sparks, or stuff that makes smoke. Nothing that goes BANG.

This close to Alabama, no one cares. There are fireworks stores just across the Alabama line, and people go stock up. And about the time darkness fell, they started shooting them off. Skyrockets, bottle rockets, firecrackers. Some damn fool had a mortar. "Whoomp!" ---- BAAMMMM

The dog is gun shy. Don't know why - she was about 6 months old when I got her, so maybe someone had been shooting at her. But she doesn't like explosions. She spent most of the night huddled in the bathroom.

And then there was that dumbass behind me that kept shooting off a 22 rifle.

I don't like New Year's Eve.

I was going to stream the local New Years event... then the Internet connection went out at 8pm and wasn't restored until 9am the next morning. So I basically stayed up watching my collection of movies. Tried to go to bed right after midnight but then all the neighbors decided to re-enact the Battle of Fallujah and didn't stop until nearly 3am. I ended up having to catch up on my sleep in the middle of the day yesterday. :rolleyes:

Archived