SASS Wire Forum

Southwest Regional Champinship

Flat Top Okie

Got my confirmation a couple of weeks ago. Made my hotel reservations today. Really looking forward to the trip! Google maps says 8 hrs 36 minutes. I accept the challenge!! 

Hello Shooters,

We have received questions pertaining to the status of The Southwest Regional Championship (Land Run). At this time, Land Run will be held as scheduled. If changes become necessary, we will notify everyone through e-mail and the SASS wire. The match is still 51/2 weeks away, so we do not expect issues. Thank you for your concern.

Flat Top Okie 

Hello All,

Mae and I processed applications today and while they have slowed somewhat we are still receiving some everyday. All applications received to date have been entered. W e are still working under the assumption that things will have calmed down and the match will be held as planned. Our website coordinator will be updating the shooter list this evening. We hope to see everyone in few weeks, but we also understand the reluctance of some folks because of health issues. 

Thanks again for your support.

Flat Top

Hello Everyone,

This seems like a good time for an update on Land Run, The Southwest Regional Championship. At present, the match is still scheduled for the original date. We are hoping that next week we will receive word that the Corona Virus situation is under control and we will be instructed to resume a somewhat normal life. Obviously, the safety and well being, of our participants and guests, is our primary concern. We do not intend to put folks in harms way. If the situation does not improve or worsens, we will reschedule the match. We will not cancel the match. If we must reschedule, and the new date is not convenient for the shooters, who have entered, we will either refund your full entry fee or apply your paid fee for 2021. This will be your choice. If rescheduling is required, we will send e-mails to all participants with the new date as soon as possible. We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding.

Thank you,

Flat Top Okie  

Thank you Flat Top. This must be a nightmare for all match directors if state & regional matches. 
I am prayerfully hopefully that things will ease up soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I am pleased to announce that we have had very few cancellations due to the date change for Land Run and we are receiving applications even though the match is more than six months away. Mae and I entered applications this morning so anyone who sent an application in the last few days should have received e-mail confirmation today. Thanks again for your support. As always, we will do our best to provide you with a great match.

Flat Top

PS: Colorado and New Mexico shooters, please join us since your regional match was cancelled.

6 hours ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hello All,

I am pleased to announce that we have had very few cancellations due to the date change for Land Run and we are receiving applications even though the match is more than six months away. Mae and I entered applications this morning so anyone who sent an application in the last few days should have received e-mail confirmation today. Thanks again for your support. As always, we will do our best to provide you with a great match.

Flat Top

PS: Colorado and New Mexico shooters, please join us since your regional match was cancelled.

I sent my application in last week and got my confirmation today.  I'm looking forward to a fun match and your excellent awards banquet at the Cowboy Hall of Fame.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Even though the new date for Land Run is six months away, we are receiving entries everyday. We still have space for shooters so if you are considering attending The Southwest Regional Championship in October, we look forward to seeing you.

Flat Top

Well looks like we made it in for Land Run as its been a few years.

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly Puppy

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone,

It has been a while since I posted an update on Land Run 2020 (Southwest Regional Championship) so I thought I would pass along a little information. You can view the registered shooter list on our website. I believe we have approximately 350 cowboys and cowgirls registered with 3 and 1/2 months  before the match. Normally we receive about 100 entries the last month before the match, but I don't expect that to happen since so many have already registered. I think we will have our regular number of about 400 this year. We have picked up several new vendors, probably because of the cancellation of other matches. I will keep you posted on any new developments. Thanks for your support and we look forward to seeing you all in October.

Flat Top Okie 

Archived