SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Howdy ....So as to not have a derringer cleared on every stage what are the accepted ways of  fastening / locking  to avoid pulling it out  at the  unloading table ?

I have decided to wear mine all the time ....memory sometimes  plays up, haven't slipped up yet but came close !!

I remember when shooting with Penny Pepperbox a few years back she had it secured in such a way that it did not have to be checked .

Thanks......

28 minutes ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Howdy ....So as to not have a derringer cleared on every stage what are the accepted ways of  fastening / locking  to avoid pulling it out  at the  unloading table ?

I have decided to wear mine all the time ....memory sometimes  plays up, haven't slipped up yet but came close !!

I remember when shooting with Penny Pepperbox a few years back she had it secured in such a way that it did not have to be checked .

Thanks......

All firearms brought to the line MUST be cleared at the ULT.

(SDQ for failure to show clear).

IIRC, hers was a non-firing "prop" gun.

• Like 1

Just to add to Palewolf's comment.

I made her show me that it was non-functional.

• Like 2

As a side note, I've seen several people over the years carry a derringer attached to their suspenders. They'd show clear at the ULT. Problem was after the match when we would go out to a eatery for food or awards. They forgot to take the derringer off of their suspenders. Florida is NOT an open carry state. I reminded them of that fact and they never had any problems but very well could have if the wrong people had noticed.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies..I'ii just have to set myself a routine & get the mind into gear !

• Like 1