SASS Wire Forum

Single Six 32 H&R

Cibola Al

I assume a Single Six would be ruled out of the pocket pistol category as being a: "Model “P” Colts and clones"

7 minutes ago, Kid Rich said:

If a revolver can be used as a main match revolver it cannot be used as a pocket pistol.

kR

That may not be entirely true... what was the brouhaha recently about a conversion revolver being legal as a main match gun if it had over a 4" barrel, but was legal as a pocket pistol if it had the 4" barrel installed...? Cimarron's 1862 .380 conversion maybe...?

This addresses the original 1862, and dates to 2006 or 2007, I think, so it may certainly have changed since.

The RO Committee agreed that the 1862 Pocket Police would be legal as a Main Match pistol as long as the barrel length is over 4 inches.
IF it is 4" or shorter, it is considered to be a POCKET PISTOL and, according to the rules, CANNOT be used as a main match revolver:
QUOTE:
Pocket pistols may not be used as or converted to main match revolvers.
Shooters Handbook (page 13)

The following is the "official word" regarding the Colt-style "pins" on 5-shot revolvers:
QUOTE:
The allowance of 5-shooters with pinned cylinders and safety notches on the hammer not being listed was simply oversight when the rule was "rushed" thru to allow 5-shooters with SOME kind of provision for the hammer to be secured off of the primers/nipples.
(this from Tex hisself...most hammers are notched regardless of whether the cylinders have the pins).

Regardez,
PWB

--------------------

PaleWolf Brunelle

Oh well, I have a nice custom SS I would have liked to have used, but I think I'll mess with an 1849 pocket model instead 

3 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

That may not be entirely true... what was the brouhaha recently about a conversion revolver being legal as a main match gun if it had over a 4" barrel, but was legal as a pocket pistol if it had the 4" barrel installed...? Cimarron's 1862 .380 conversion maybe...?

This addresses the original 1862, and dates to 2006 or 2007, I think, so it may certainly have changed since.

The RO Committee agreed that the 1862 Pocket Police would be legal as a Main Match pistol as long as the barrel length is over 4 inches.
IF it is 4" or shorter, it is considered to be a POCKET PISTOL and, according to the rules, CANNOT be used as a main match revolver:
QUOTE:
Pocket pistols may not be used as or converted to main match revolvers.
Shooters Handbook (page 13)

The following is the "official word" regarding the Colt-style "pins" on 5-shot revolvers:
QUOTE:
The allowance of 5-shooters with pinned cylinders and safety notches on the hammer not being listed was simply oversight when the rule was "rushed" thru to allow 5-shooters with SOME kind of provision for the hammer to be secured off of the primers/nipples.
(this from Tex hisself...most hammers are notched regardless of whether the cylinders have the pins).

Regardez,
PWB

--------------------

PaleWolf Brunelle

Looks to me as if it is considered a pocket pistol it cannot be used as a main match revolver, and "quote" pocket pistols may not be used as or converted to main match revolvers. How does that differ from what I said?

kr

The frame is the firearm. If you have both forward assemblies, it would be a pocket pistol with the 4" installed, and a main match pistol with the longer one installed. This was, and maybe still is, the sole exception to the small frame/large frame differentiation.

9 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

The frame is the firearm. If you have both forward assemblies, it would be a pocket pistol with the 4" installed, and a main match pistol with the longer one installed. This was, and maybe still is, the sole exception to the small frame/large frame differentiation.

Quote" Pocket pistols may not be used as or converted to main match pistols.

kR

Archived