SASS Wire Forum

Suede

Lawdog Dago Dom

Just got a nice new suede jacket for Christmas. And I just got it back from the cleaners. Not cheap. Don't want to do that again.

Are there any sprays for suede that can give some protection? I was told try Scotchguard and Never Wet by Rustoleum.

Wondering what you folks have found that works best on suede jackets?

Thank you!

Lawdog, Suede is one of those things many people like me have ruined listening to people like me...

Clarification.

I bought a suede leather jacket years ago. When I bought it the lady recommended a certain suede cleaner kit that came with a brush, stain remover and a treatment.

I was in the Navy at the time and one of my shipmates wanted to trade for my jacket and he made me a good deal so we traded. I gave him the suede treatment. 

A week later he brings me the jacket and wants to trade back. It looked like hell. He got a stain on it and tried to remove it. It looked like red wine all over the front of this jacket and in trying to clean it the stain got worse. So dipstick decides “Mayby the water proofing treatment will work. That changed the color of the rest of the jacket and made the stain worse.

I wouldn’t trade back and he remained mad at me for the rest of my time there. I lost a friend.

Go to a professional. Keep your friends.

People seem to have a love/hate relationship with NeverWet.

I'm going to call;

a- the store where it was purchased, and or;

b- Scully, who made the coat.

Somewhere in there the answer will be.

Appreciate all replies.

LDD

Archived