SASS Wire Forum

WTB Pair of Bisley Stainless Vaqueros 5.5”

I’d like to buy a pair of Bisley Vaqueros in stainless steel with 5.5” barrels. They are Ruger model 5130.  Please let me know if you have them available.

John, thanks for the excellent price.  Unfortunately I’m in California and with the 2 FFL fees, it brings the total to $1580 plus CA sales tax which CA charges on guns shipped into the state from out-of-state dealers.   The bottom line is that after the FFL’s, the final price is $30 over the price my local dealer offered and the way CA is harassing everything related to guns, I want to support my local store when possible.

However, if you weren’t a dealer, I wouldn’t have to pay sales tax and my final price from you would be excellent.  You would need to provide a written statement that you’re not a dealer.  Crazy California!

(BTW, all this info is from my dealer/FFL.)

2 hours ago, Mountain Man Gramps said:

John, thanks for the excellent price.  Unfortunately I’m in California and with the 2 FFL fees, it brings the total to $1580 plus CA sales tax which CA charges on guns shipped into the state from out-of-state dealers.   The bottom line is that after the FFL’s, the final price is $30 over the price my local dealer offered and the way CA is harassing everything related to guns, I want to support my local store when possible.

However, if you weren’t a dealer, I wouldn’t have to pay sales tax and my final price from you would be excellent.  You would need to provide a written statement that you’re not a dealer.  Crazy California!

(BTW, all this info is from my dealer/FFL.)

No worries, just one point I think you CA guy has wrong. I only collect PA sales tax from PA residents. 

PS dealers charging more than $50 to transfer a gun is raping their customers. I transfer for $25 per gun. 

Sorry I didn’t make myself more clear.  I should have added I don’t pay taxes to the seller.   Rather the FFL on my end charges the sales tax.  The bottom line to me, the buyer, is that unless the out-of-state price of an item minus shipping and the $75 FFL fee is less than what I would pay in state, I might as well buy it in state.  $75 is the standard transfer fee in California due to. $50 charge added by the state (of course!)

So much for states not interfering with interstate commerce!  But that’s only in the Constitutuon...

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a pair at gunbroker, slicked and consecutive sn's for $1295. Good luck.

That was a great deal; I was just on GunBroker and they were $1700 for a pair just like you said you bought.  Buy right, sell high, if you can find a deal always take it if you can afford to do it without hurting your family's income and well being.

Abilene

I ended up buying two individual Vaqueros, one for $600, the other for $556 for a total of $1156.  One looks like it was never touched, the other looks like it was shot very few times.  I’m happy, in spite of California making me wait 30 days after receiving my first Vaquero before the FFL can hand me my second Vaquero... as though I was going to rob a bank with a 6 shot revolver!!!

I just did the paper work yesterday for a new pair of 1872 open tops, The Taxes, Transfer fee and Dros ended up costing me an additional $107 and change per revolver, Even the dealers transfer fee of $45.00 is taxable.  It really stinks but I'm afraid it's only going to get worse.

Archived