SASS Wire Forum

SPF Springfield 1898 30-40 Krag rifle Price CUT $800

Fairshake

This gun has been sold!I've had this Krag rifle since 1968 when I was discharged. I went to visit my mom in West Virgina and found it on the shelf of a country store. I bought a box of ammo and went straight to the woods. The rifle shot good but the barrel had not been cleaned in a long time. I gave it a good cleaning and you could see the lands and grooves. In my younger years I shot the rifle about 40 times a year, then my Krag shooting took a rest and the rifle became a conversation piece on my wall. The rifle still works perfect, the magazine cut off still does it's job along with the safety working as designed. All the barrel markings are still very visible as  well as the stock cartouches.

I have a problem with my PC when it comes to uploading pics. If you are an interested party, I will   send you the pics via e-mail.

I'm asking $ 1000 plus shipping for this piece of American History

EXTRA  ADDED!!!

I forgot to add the brass that is included with the rifle. I have about 200 new brass and 150 once fired cases which will sweeten the pot. 

IMG_0405.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

IMG_0408.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0409.JPG

IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0418.JPG

Well I finally found my camera /laptop problem that was keeping me from posting pics, it was my SD card. I feel good that I was able to fix this problem and I apologize to those cowboys who asked for pics and I was not able to deliver. I feel that is behind us or at least until the next little gremlin pops it's head up.  Later Fairshake

I had some bad news at my eye Doctors  yesterday. It seems that I have cataracts in both eyes plus a stigmatism  that requires surgery not covered by my insurance. It ssems as if everything that happens to my wife and I is not covered by our insurance. We lost our Diesel truck, Harley Road King and two shops during the 100 year Louisiana flood in August of 2016. We had water in our home and to this day they have not paid for over $20,000 in damage. You pay for years and they don't pay.

I'm dropping the price on the Krag and the Winchester and R-P 30-40 new brass to help with this. Later David

Sorry to hear your bad news, had the cataract surgery and did pay extra for lenses, had the worst stigmatism in one Rand Institute had ever seen. Worth it though at 62 I can see without glasses for the first time since I was 7. I know they have medical payment plans. Get the cataracts and keep your glasses. 

You mentioned a Winchester but I only saw the Krag and Ammo. What post am I missing?

Good luck. Sorry for all the bad. 

Archived