SASS Wire Forum

Huntsman World Senior Games 2018

Annabelle Bransford

We are thinking of going to the Huntsman’s World Senior Games in St George, UT this year. Wondered if anyone might have gone in previous years and be able to give us any  comments. Worth the trip from NY? Would like to sightsee a day or two as well.  

Lots of fun and interesting stuff to do out here. I am a member of the club (Dixie Desperados) that puts on the shoot for the Huntsman Games and we do a terrific job. We have the best CAS facility that I’m sure you will enjoy the shooting.

So come on out...a great time of the year to be in southern Utah.

Ned

http://www.eldoradocowboys.com

Come out just a little bit earlier and you have an opportunity to shoot Eldorado,  the Nevada State Championship in Boulder City NV.

(just outside Las Vegas, 110 miles from St George, Utah - where the games are)

Oct. 4-6th, 2018.

A fair number of our shooters take part in this twofer event.

As for sightseeing in the area...

Las Vegas

Hoover Dam

Mt Zion in Utah

Valley of Fire

Ghost Towns

Plenty of nearby things to do and see when you are not throwing lead downrange.

Hi Annabelle,

i attended the Senior Games for the first time last year and had a great time!  The Dixie Desparados have a great range with permanent facades and they put on a fun match!  The opening ceremonies with walking, in costume, in the stadium and the fireworks was fun and worth attending. They have warmup stages and  a Wild Bunch Match in addition to the 12 stages of the match.  Also, the food at the banquet/awards ceremony was good and was well attended.  

Plenty to see in that area Annabelle. Monument valley is spectacular, and you might bumping into John Wayne! Zion and Bryce Canyon national parks, Grand Canyon. Are you going to fly or drive? Kat and I are thinking of going to, and if you're coming through okc you have a bed in our Texas suite.

Also lots to see in OK city, we'll give you a tour, long as it's after the 5 Oct.

I attended the 2017 Huntsman World Senior Games and planning to attend in 2018. The Dixie Desperados have one of the best ranges I've been to and put on a great match. The opening ceremony is really something to be a part of. You guys would really enjoy the shoot. 

Archived