SASS Wire Forum

Fireplace Logs From Sawdust

Yul Lose

Have any of you wood working pards ever made logs out of your sawdust and wood shavings to burn in your wood stove or fireplace? I generate quite a bit of both and it would be nice to burn some of it instead of using it for mulch or throwing it away. I watched videos on YouTube but thought I'd see if you folks might have some suggestions.

When I used to make bio-diesel, the glycerin by product mixed with sawdust from my woodmizer made very good make believe logs. PVC pipe for a form kind of like making bullet lube for a sizer/luber.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sawdust+logs+with+giodiesel+glycerin&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS691US691&oq=sawdust+logs+with+giodiesel+glycerin&aqs=chrome..69i57.22475j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

When I used to make bio-diesel, the glycerin by product mixed with sawdust from my woodmizer made very good make believe logs. PVC pipe for a form kind of like making bullet lube for a sizer/luber.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sawdust+logs+with+giodiesel+glycerin&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS691US691&oq=sawdust+logs+with+giodiesel+glycerin&aqs=chrome..69i57.22475j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Do you use any mechanism to pack the sawdust mixture into the pvc tube to compress it?

Have any of you wood working pards ever made logs out of your sawdust and wood shavings to burn in your wood stove or fireplace? I generate quite a bit of both and it would be nice to burn some of it instead of using it for mulch or throwing it away. I watched videos on YouTube but thought I'd see if you folks might have some suggestions.

Youtube has several how to: