SASS Wire Forum

deleted post

Dictionary definition of merchant:

noun
1.a person who buys and sells commodities for profit; dealer; trader.

2.a storekeeper; retailer:

a local merchant who owns a store on Main Street.
3.Chiefly British. a wholesaler.
I don't see you falling into any of these categories so I disagree with labeling your service with that of merchants. Good luck to you. I think what you are offering is a valuable asset to the sass community.

Since you're asking I'll be totally honest. I'll just say first that when I first saw your post, the first thought that came to mind is no one does something like that without wanting something in return. Maybe by accepting a "donation" or getting additional pay for work down the road...... I do leather work as well, so I know what it could take. You would still need to purchase items to fix things. You would do all that for free?

Sure folks do things for friends for family but to put out for the hundreds of people to potentially start sending you things is a bit hard to take in. Don't get me wrong.... I think what you are doing is commendable and amazing.

I'm a network IT admin and a lawfirm..... so because of that I've become the neighborhood computer guy.... I also do computer work for the cowboy club I'm in and for many friends. But I'd never send out a message to start fixing anyones PC.

So while I do think its a great thing you are trying to undertake.... I can also see where SASS may need to step in. Sounds to good to be true. Maybe not the answer your looking for and I do apologize if I sounded rude. Really didn't mean it to be. :)

Since you're asking I'll be totally honest. I'll just say first that when I first saw your post, the first thought that came to mind is no one does something like that without wanting something in return. Maybe by accepting a "donation" or getting additional pay for work down the road...... I do leather work as well, so I know what it could take. You would still need to purchase items to fix things. You would do all that for free?

Sure folks do things for friends for family but to put out for the hundreds of people to potentially start sending you things is a bit hard to take in. Don't get me wrong.... I think what you are doing is commendable and amazing.

I'm a network IT admin and a lawfirm..... so because of that I've become the neighborhood computer guy.... I also do computer work for the cowboy club I'm in and for many friends. But I'd never send out a message to start fixing anyones PC.

So while I do think its a great thing you are trying to undertake.... I can also see where SASS may need to step in. Sounds to good to be true. Maybe not the answer your looking for and I do apologize if I sounded rude. Really didn't mean it to be. :)

Johnny dollar,

Good words and I understand the points you make. The caveats were simply that we needed to discuss the persons need first to avoid some real expensive or costly repair that I wasn't willing to cover.

I was just looking to fill some bench time is all.

It's more of my nature to give back but if you didn't know me I might suspect someone thinks I had an alterior motive.

It's all good.....

Hello,

Sippin', that is a nice service you are offering. No doubt it would be helpful for cash-strapped cowpokes.

However, my understanding was that you would use the finished products for advertising your commercial jobs. In your first post,you wrote, "If your happy with my work, let me share it and use you as a reference." That statement made yours a commercial venture. Your only recourse, is to clear this through the SASS office, which I doubt would be approved as it goes against the forum Guidelines. They can be found at the top of the Classified forum and on the following page. http://www.sassnet.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules.

Regards,

Allie