SASS Wire Forum

Wanted 1873 pistol grip stock. beat up, ugly even cut down

Home Range

I bought an 1873 for my 12 year old son. Knowing of course that he is going to grow, I dont want to cut that stock. It is a pistol grip stock.

(I wish it was a straight stock like mine but the price was right and all the work was already done.)

I want to buy a used buttstock so I can cut it down for him to use now. He runs it pretty well, but if it was shorter it would be great.

Please send pics, description and price.

Thank you.

Bump.

I called Taylors but over $150 is more than I was looking to spend. Im watching a straight stock on ebay right now for $36 shipped, but its a straight stock, I would prefer a pistol grip stock.

I would look at offers for a straight grip too. I guess the kids could shoot my match rifle and I could shoot theirs.

Home Range,

Call me tonight after 4:30 if you don't mind. Thanks 303-748-6149

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

I called Taylors but over $150 is more than I was looking to spend. Im watching a straight stock on ebay right now for $36 shipped, but its a straight stock, I would prefer a pistol grip stock.

I would look at offers for a straight grip too. I guess the kids could shoot my match rifle and I could shoot theirs.

Not certain but I think the levers won't interchange

Not certain but I think the levers won't interchange

no they wont. I have a straight stock rifle. I was saying I would be willing to get a straight stock and trade rifles with my son.

Give me a call if your still looking

225-620-3069

Matshal Bigdaddy Jenks

I will give you a call tomorrow.

Still looking.

Anyone actually have one for sale that they want to sell? You can keep the crescent buttplate, I dont care how banged up it is. Im looking for a cheap option to buying a brand new stock.

if you have one, please just send me a pm with the details, how much money you want for it, how much for shipping, any other pertinent details. (condition: cracks, cut down, etc)

Archived