SASS Wire Forum

Marlin Owners - 38-55 Accuracy & Much More

John Boy

On another thread , discussion came up for the accuracy of a 38-55 reload in a Marlin Lever.

Not being a Marlin owner ... For the Good of the Order:

* A long very detailed thread on the Marlin Owner's forum that pretty much covers accuracy, bullet molds, better bullet diameter, loads, etc, etc ... http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/32-40-38-55-375-other-great-non-standard-calibers/83879-new-38-55-bullet-hoping-proves-good-one.html

Enjoy

Looks like, to me, they're just throwing different bullets at the problem, and not working it out one at a time. My feel on the subject, and yes, I do own and shoot a 336 Cowboy with an Accurate .381 mold. Don't need anything else to cloud the issue. MHO.

Have a great and blessed CHRIST mas season all.

Al

Buffalo Arms!!!! My own black powder loads have been good enough for me to win a few SASS rifle caliber "long range" matches. When I am away and/or too tired, I use BACO BP ammo in my ,45 Colt, .44 & .41 Long Colt revolvers, my .45 Colt and .44 rifles and even, on rare occasions, in my .50-140 sharps. Obviously, my own BP handloads are more accurate for BPCR in my .38-55 and .50-140 3-1/4" but that's normal. ;)

Archived