SASS Wire Forum

Pocket pistol and derringer side matches today at eot

Blackey Cole

Well I can say I shot in both of them I think I did pp three time and the derringer twice.

First let me tell you how I dry fried practiced it.

One target about three feet from me pistol low ready to hit s the buzzer tab I dump five round in the target raising it to mid chest the derringer the same except there I held the trigger down and cocked the gun twice.

Ok here is how it was set up

Table with chair. On the table was a box of wood that had two sloping ramps for the timer depending on your dominat hand. A section in the middle for the gun to rest upright either straight or tilted a little.

Starting position with you dominate hand on the timer the gun loaded in the sender of the device. Two paper targets about three feet away may four five would be stretching it. When your ready let go of the time it beeps reach for gun alternate rounds on the targets.

Well as you can see I wasn't prepared at all. But I tried now I know how to tactics and to use both set ups and mix them up which would give me four scenarios .

My biggest problem was griping the gun after picking it up. One time I grab the bond so high I couldn't cock it fully.but in every case either gun my left hand was use to adjust the gun after grabbing it. I

Having shooter start holding timer is a sure way to keep them from "jumping the beep". I also like the idea of 2 different targets.

Anybody shoot the table?

Archived