SASS Wire Forum

Not take away From 12 ga Brass...Add 10 ga Brass info

Texas Lizard

I've loaded 10 gauge with old Winchester brass hulls and cut down plastic hulls cut to 2-5/8". I've used fiber wads in brass hulls and plastic wads in plastic hulls. Loads were real light for 10 gauge. 1 oz and 1-1/8 oz of shot.

I use a 10 gauge Mec Junior and RMC brass hulls: 1. de-prime (remove the re-size ring and lock ring) 2. prime 3. hand pour the BP using a empty 20 gauge hull cut down to the desired charge 4. Seat the fiber over powder card and fiber wad using the powder/shot tube 5. drop the shot 6. seat the over shot card using the powder /shot tube. 6. Glue over shot card in place using Elmer's wood glue

Guys over on CasCity were loading 2 oz shot with equivalent heavy charge of black just to make noise and shake the ground. But they were firing them in modern Spanish double made for 3-1/2" magnum loads. Just crazy!

Guys over on CasCity were loading 2 oz shot with equivalent heavy charge of black just to make noise and shake the ground. But they were firing them in modern Spanish double made for 3-1/2" magnum loads. Just crazy!

I have a modern Spanish double in 10 gauge that is normally my main match gun. I run 1 1/2 oz of shot and a heavy load of black powder. I get about 55 shells per 1 pound of black powder :blink::D

And sometimes I'll pull both triggers at once. I find it very relaxing at the end of the day I don't have a tense muscle anywhere in my body!

I have a modern Spanish double in 10 gauge that is normally my main match gun. I run 1 1/2 oz of shot and a heavy load of black powder. I get about 55 shells per 1 pound of black powder :blink::D

And sometimes I'll pull both triggers at once. I find it very relaxing at the end of the day I don't have a tense muscle anywhere in my body!

Does anyone step back 20 paces when it's your turn?

I have a New Baker 10 gauge hammer gun I shot at first match of this year. It was fun but too heavy.

Does anyone step back 20 paces when it's your turn?

Some do, some move closer. Mine's heavy too, but since I no longer care about where I place in match, it doesn't matter to me that it's heavy and slow to use.

I recently picked up a Spanish 10 ga double. With the 32 inch barrels it weighs 10 lbs 12 oz. But I will be cutting it down...I found 10 gauge brass shells at Track Of the Wolf...be fun shooting black powder. Maybe some skeet?

Archived