SASS Wire Forum

SHOT Show

Like Boggus Deal said, you have to be in the industry, ie. a dealer, a member of the media, etc. to attend. You can see highlights a couple of months later by watching Jim Scouten's Shooting USA. I understand it takes a couple of days or more to see the whole thing and the attendees also get to sample some of the new products at a local range.

I haven't been to the SHOT Show in quite a few years now, and won't get there this year. I used to take samples of my leather and catalogs, mainly to show to gun writers, rather than to wholesalers or retailers. The Las Vegas Convention Center had 10-1/2 miles of aisles then, and even with a small suitcase on rollers, by the time I got around in the course of three days, I was exhausted. Everybody thinks Las Vegas is the big deal, what with the gambling, shows, and inexpensive food. Let me tell you...usually the shows are "dark" when the convention is there; I usually would allow myself $100 for my "gambling" ($1-$5 stud poker...which, with the house dealing and eight players at a table, meant it was just about impossible to get a good hand); and after a full day of hiking around the convention, about the only thing I wanted to do was grab a quick bite and collapse! Guess it's for younger folks nowadays. Be interesting to see if any new SASS iron is shown.

There are 32,000+ 10'x10' booths this year. You can not see all of it in the four days the show is open. The app for your smart phone is the best way to go. Map out the folks you want to see so that it will give you the shortest paths to get to all of them.

Archived