SASS Wire Forum

Felons can sell their firearms -

Why not sell the confiscated guns to pay some of the costs of his trial, etc.?

If he hasn't been convicted, his possessions are his to do with as he pleases and unless those possessions are germane to the case the courts will have a hard time seizing them. Also, felony conviction doesn't automatically result in forfeiture of property. If the guns weren't used in the commission of a crime, they still legally belong to the owner.

If he hasn't been convicted, his possessions are his to do with as he pleases and unless those possessions are germane to the case the courts will have a hard time seizing them. Also, felony conviction doesn't automatically result in forfeiture of property. If the guns weren't used in the commission of a crime, they still legally belong to the owner.

I don't know about Germans :P but I like what the article says as far as rights....;)

GG

His first mistake was turning his guns over to the Feds.

I like that the courts distinguish between owning and possessing. I think it's perfectly reasonable to have the owner arrange with an FFL of his choice and expense to recover and handle the transfer of the firearms.

Archived