SASS Wire Forum

Agenda items 1 & 2 - shooting style age subcategories.

Grizzly Dave

Fact: you are free to shoot blackpowder in Classic Cowboy. Vega Bond shot Holy Crap at the Gunsmoke Midwest regionals on Morristown MN. From what I could see he was lit-up doing it, too.

Good on ya, FT...welcome to the best category in all SASS.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm firmly in the 1) Yes and 2) No column. Requiring Seniors to use guns other than their Blackhawks is going to cause a lot of unhappy shooters. It has already been established that there is no advantage in using adjustable sights, so why all the chatter.

As has been stated, it will make it difficult for many of the older shooters on fixed incomes. Some will be forced unwillingly to change to a different category. And yes, some will simply quit. Not because they don't love the game, but because of a stupid rule.

I'm of the opinion that adjustable sights shouldn't make any difference in any category. Period ! And certainly not in any Senior category, (60 Y/O or more). We have NOTHING to gain by making it harder on our senior members. The arguments against adjustable sights are just plain silly, and as far as I'm concerned, harmful to our game.

RBK

Heeee Haaaa Just ONE question.. :blush: We already have (Senior Duelist) smokeless. <_< WHY isn't there Senior Frontier Cartridge Duelist??? :huh:

Heeee Haaaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

I like shooting CAS. I love shooting steel challenge.

Why?

Few rules. You just show up and shoot. I always finish middle of the pack but that's OK. There is no quibbling.

IPSIC, USPSA, IDPA, SASS all are preoccupied with writing and rewriting the rules. A bunch of grumpy old men trying to relive their past glory by rewriting the rules because they aren't what they once were. I can say this because I am an old man.

I saw the future many years ago at Ft. Bending while I was in OCS. The top skeet shooter was 12 years old!

So, let's just shoot and have fun. Our kids will just sell those buckles on eBay or give them to Goodwill.

I admit I didn't read all the responses. However, my view is that, as a Senior Gunfighter, I am first and foremost, a Gunfighter (albeit slow), and then subset as a Senior. If SGF is not offered, I will drop down to GF, not to Senior. Stay true to the style.

Archived