SASS Wire Forum

Old Model Vaquero .44-40 Available

Cat Brules

Yesterday, in a local shop here on the CA Central Coast, I saw a Ruger Old Model Vaquero in caliber .44-40. Stainless, --edit--Barrel length is about 5 1/2"--end edit-- and with factory, plain, faux ivory grip panels, which I thought were aftermarket, but was told "no." The grip panels have no Ruger logo and no other embelishments on them. I'm unsure if there is, or is not a box and paper on this weapon. Store wants $499 and it's on consignment. The story is that it has very few rounds through it and its visual condition verifies that, in my opinion. There's a very faint cylinder ring. No work has been done to this revolver.

I have one decent phone picture. If anyone's interested PM me your email or phone number and I'll send you the photo and contact info for the shop.

Yesterday, in a local shop here on the CA Central Coast, I saw a Ruger Old Model Vaquero in caliber .44-40. Stainless, and with factory, plain, faux ivory grip panels, which I thought were aftermarket, but was told "no." The grip panels have no Ruger logo and no other embelishments on them. I'm unsure if there is, or is not a box and paper on this weapon. Store wants $499 and it's on consignment. The story is that it has very few rounds through it and its visual condition verifies that, in my opinion. There's a very faint cylinder ring. No work has been done to this revolver.

I have one decent phone picture. If anyone's interested PM me your email or phone number and I'll send you the photo and contact info for the shop.

Have enough but what was the barrel length??

TL

Is it at Lee's?

Fillmore

Yes, it's at Lee's shop.

Have enough but what was the barrel length??

TL

Barrel length is about 5 1/2"

Somebody should scarf that thing up before it's too late. I have a pair in .44-40 already or I'd be making a road trip.

Archived