SASS Wire Forum

Let's see you gun cart mounted to an electric scooter for those mobility challenged shooters

Blackey Cole

I've had to use an electric scooter since I retired from the military to get around outdoors or for shopping in large stores. So off and on I've been using it at shoots especially the larger ones as I've had a bad back now I've got a bum leg and diabetes has given me neurothopy in my feet which is contradictive numbness and pain at the same time.

Well I'm been using a hooligan wagon cart modified quickly to slide over the rear bumper posts to hold my guns for the past few years when I shoot. But I'm looking for ideas to improve it. Especially since it barely meets my needs.

So if you or know of someone who uses an electric scooter and has mounted or tows a gun cart to it please show photos of it. Next time my broken outfit is setup for a shoot I'll take a photo and show it.

Please show photos for potential ideas

Blackey, I'm tickled you posted this.

Much of my medical experience, both nursing and squad work, was with folk who needed an "Iron Pony" to get around (Iron Horse is generally internal combustion, has lots of chrome and says Harley Davidson on the side. Iron Pony is anything smaller.)

I've never worked with a mobility impaired cowboy shooter but it sounds like an area I'd like to explore!

(You mentioned using a scooter to get around the larger stores.

I've long been of the opinion that Walmart would be easier shopping from muleback!)

I was forced to go on disability when I was 49 due to not being able to get around. At events with a lot of walking and standing I use a Polaris Ranger to get around, built a gun rack for the back and It has worked out well for me as I use it on the Farm as well.

I use a Celebrity-x three wheeled cart to get around now when outside. I have a progressive motor neuron disease, ALS, that has progressed very slowly over the years. I made an upright gun stand that slides into the trailer hitch on the back and has a front basket for stuff. It has a great turning radius, the battery lasts for a long time, well over a weekend shoot. I can load it into the back of my truck with a swing out lift even with my trailer attached. I've taken it as far as the Bayou Blast in Louisiana and while it can get stuck in swamps, it does allow me to get around in big box stores fast.

Getting ready to load it up and go over to Chorro Valley for the weekend.

My first scooter was a three wheel celebrity then after the va accepted me a few years later it was on its last leg they got me a four wheel rascal that I use now. It originally came with a swing out lift but after totaling my trailer camper got a fifth wheel toy hauler. I had to switch to a receiver lift I have a front receiver for it when the trail or is connected.

Let's see your setup Jack as it reminds me of mine for the celebrity. I realy liked the setup ol deadeye had made. A welder in z

Az built it for iirc.

I've had to use an electric scooter since I retired from the military to get around outdoors or for shopping in large stores. So off and on I've been using it at shoots especially the larger ones as I've had a bad back now I've got a bum leg and diabetes has given me neurothopy in my feet which is contradictive numbness and pain at the same time.

Well I'm been using a hooligan wagon cart modified quickly to slide over the rear bumper posts to hold my guns for the past few years when I shoot. But I'm looking for ideas to improve it. Especially since it barely meets my needs.

So if you or know of someone who uses an electric scooter and has mounted or tows a gun cart to it please show photos of it. Next time my broken outfit is setup for a shoot I'll take a photo and show it.

Please show photos for potential ideas

I used one for about a year until it fell apart on the rocky and dirt terrain of our ranges

Not worth the expense or trouble IMHO

Mine was about as good as it gets quality wise

Someone on the Wire will remember mine

Archived