SASS Wire Forum

Canadian Methods of Gun Control Can Come to America

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

How many times have I written about this in numerous columns over the years? Answer: More times than I can count!

Registration leads to Confiscation...always has; always will.

I want to thank R.J. Law for sending me this link. I'm sure some of you have seen this but I wanted to once again bring it to our attention.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/03XEUPfD0qM

Remain resolute, steel your nerve and soldier on...

I got this just a few weeks ago and pasted it on to everyone I know and asked them to do the same!

Because I live on the border with British Columbia and enjoy shooting in SASS, black powder and bullseye, I applied for a Canadian "Possession And Acquisition" license PAL). Then, I had to apply for an "Authorization To Transport (ATT).in order to actually bring my revolvers and pistols with me. :-( I had to get a new one each and every time I went to a shoot and just for a severly limited time to go to and return fromACH AND EVERY match. After going to so many matches, I was issued a "Long Term" ATT.

After my latest PAL expired after 5 years, I applied for a renewal. New bureaucrats in BC screwed around and delayed its renewal for a year and one-half. Then, even after renewing it, thay refused to reissue my Long Term ATT. They opined that I did not qualify for one and had to apply for individual short term ATTs. I have continually reapplied following each and every one of their requests and have been continually denied! I finally received an application and forms that could possibly achieve my goal BUT tI am supposed to comply with some new rules THAT DO NOT EXIST . It is as if the bureaucrats not in the provincial Chief Firearms Office have become brain dead.

I will continue to try form my long term ATT but have no intention of being forced to apply for dozens of short term ATTs over the five year period. What has happened is I have been given a pistol license but have been effectually denied the ability to use it.

Do we ever want such a perversion of our Bill of Rights?

Currently, we have a president who dislikes the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th and 10th amendments. In my many decades of existence, I have experienced the attempts to circumvent our written freedoms and have developed the philosophy of strenuously defending the most currently unpopular amendments. They ae now the 1st, 2nd and 10th!. :-(

Archived