SASS Wire Forum

Spagenberg's closed in Tombstone?

Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439

Forgive me brining something up that may have already been discussed, but does anyone know why the shop closed and they are only on the internet, but not yet fully constructed?

Thanks.

Nimble Fingers

My understanding is that it has been closed for a while, the last owner wanted a lot of money for the name alone, Lefty bought the store but not the name, it turned into a huge turest trap, not a lot of historical firearms carried, lots of wall hangers and airsoft guns. finally closed down.

Rafe

The original G.F. Spangenberg Pioneer Gun Shop was actually located on the other side of 4th Street but it burn down in the great fire of 1882. The recent gun store that called itself Spangenberg's never had any connection with the original owners and was very overpriced. This shop actually had a passage-way to a souvenir shop next door to cater to the tourist who would never purchase a Colt but might pickup a plastic toy made to look like one. :angry:

~:Wylie:~

Thanks for the replies. I went in both and bought from both and aklmost picked up a 97 in a trench mode they had there for $600. So the building is vacant but whomever owns it is trying to get a website going?

Nimble Fingers

Archived