SASS Wire Forum

A question for leather makers...

Grizzly Dave

I have a gunbelt that was made for me, and I love it. When I worked with the maker to design it, I decided I didn't want it lined.

Well, I think I may have changed my mind. My new lined mernickle shotgun belt is really nice, with the lining I don't have to cinch it down as tight to get it to stay put.

So the question is, is it practical to get my existing belt lined, and how much would it cost?

It is a ranger style belt if that makes any difference.

Yes it can be done. As to cost on what type of lining.

and time involed. :)

call me on cell :)

Padre, at the office and can't call right now.

I'm starting to rethink it a bit though...

With my big belly, it's hard to buckle the dang thing down in front, so I just leave it buckled, step into it and kind of shinney it up. If it was lined, it might be harder to shinney it up...

Not the best pic, but here it is... though it has quite a few miles on it now.

CIMG8018.jpg

Instead of cinching your belt so tight why don't you have someone make you a belt that goes over one shoulder and attaches to your belt. Like a Sam Brown belt the cops used to wear. I made one out of an old rein and it works great. I made loops with snaps on each end and a harness buckle in the back for adjustment.

Jackson, I do have a strap that goes around my gunbelt and fastens to a D ring on my suspenders, that helps when the belt is falling down. But if the belt is too loose, it moves around too much even with that.

Grizz, I put my rig on the same way, exept from the top down - it's a little easier for me that way and stays in place for the match. Now I do use a pair of Perry suspenders on my chaps.

Archived