SASS Wire Forum

Why Strict Adherence to our Team SASS Rules

I very much appreciate the overwhelming success the Team SASS forum has experienced since its birth and I personally thank you all for that success—you and you alone have made it what it is.

From the beginning, I had every confidence you would take on this mission with all the dedication, patriotism and seriousness that characterizes the great SASS Gang I’ve known since joining you in 1998. You’ve gone above and beyond the call in justifying that confidence. I’ve only found it necessary to lock, hide or delete very few posts or threads—not counting all the spam attacks of course! Some of you I’m sure, have wondered why I took the action I did on some of those posts when those same posts are welcomed on the other forums. Why have I been stricter on this forum than what we’ve been used to on the other forums you might ask? Let me explain the view from my saddle…

The SASS Wire is dedicated to topics in support of and focused on our fantasy sport of cowboy action shooting. The Saloon is dedicated to more good natured fun and off the wall topics you might actually hear in a Saloon. Both fun; both serving their intended purpose and both helping us escape the reality of our modern world and do so with great friends…and that’s good! In fact, that’s why we play this game…we treasure the freedom that allows us to enjoy those friends in a resurrected era reminiscent of the 19th century cowboy. A simpler time replicated in a more modern time.

The Team SASS forum on the other hand deals with real life threats to those rights as free Americans. This is a forum wherein we can share necessary if not critical information needed to fight a coordinated battle…and believe me this is a very serious battle. A battle if we lose, could very well lead to no guns, no SASS, no Wire, no Saloon and no freedom as we’ve known and cherished it. And from where I stand, given the fanatical anti-constitutional element we face, that’s no exaggerated or empty threat.

Admittedly, we are a relatively small unit in the overall fight but we are a seriously dedicated unit filled with patriots who revere the founding principles of our country and realize the consequences we risk if we don’t contribute to this fight in a seriously dedicated way.

My friends, while the other forums are focused on escapism, Team SASS must be strictly focused on realism. The hard reality of the world we face demands such focus or there may be no room for escapism in our future cowboy world. To accomplish this to the best of our ability and help preserve the America we all love, we must adhere to our Team SASS Rules of the Road.

Again, I very much appreciate and have every confidence that I can count on your continuing contributions, cooperation, dedication, patriotism and understanding.

Soldier on…

Thanks for keeping us organized and in line, Sir.

Tougher than herding cats sometimes. ;)

Thanks for the reminder, Col. Dan. And for all your work.

I think, though, that due to the intensity of the subject, there will be some banter and levity within some of the threads from time to time.

I know that right now, with writing almost frequent letters to various capons, posting info on their Facebook pages, leaving comments on letters to editors or articles in news papers, and other fun things, that "too intense" feeling is starting to creep up on me.

Hmmm....that is something that I don't think has been mentioned - just about every paper and TV news has a website and allows comments on Letter to the Editor and on articles, columns, and editorials. We all need to hit those. I've posted that video about the foolishness of magazine limits in at least a half dozen places, plus on my elected reps pages. Also the video of FB3G. Full auto with Katie Marie Francis every time I see comments about "no legitimate sporting use" for so-called assault weapons or full auto. (also sent it to DIFi - no answer from her office yet - :D )

Joe, please don't equate intense with depressed. Being depressed will depress our sides progress. Fight to stay positive and part of being positive is light heartedness at times.

Please don't interpret our approach as completely devoid of fun or levity and don't get depressed. We have the strength of the Founders and truth on our side.

Joe, please don't equate intense with depressed. Being depressed will depress our sides progress. Fight to stay positive and part of being positive is light heartedness at times.

Please don't interpret our approach as completely devoid of fun or levity and don't get depressed. We have the strength of the Founders and truth on our side.

Oh...depressed, no....ticked off and a bit tired, yeah. I KNOW we can beat this garbage if we all work together. Just gotta blow off some steam with some campfire pranks and humor now and then.

Just gotta blow off some steam with some campfire pranks and humor now and then.

As long as it doesn't involve beans. :unsure:;)

Or a handful of cartridges in the fire.

awhhhhhhhh . . . c'mon . . . you're no fun! :lol:

The Saloon and Wire also deals with real life discussions too. It's not all about escaping reality or fantasy. Especially when we offer prayers or help for those who are dealing with struggles, sickness, or the loss of a loved one. Hope you don't mind this post reminding of this important part the other SASS forums deal with.

That said... I am very grateful for all the SASS forums...especially it's newest edition: TEAM SASS.

GG

Archived