SASS Wire Forum

Überti birdsheads with 3 1/2" barrels

Outlaw Kola Kid #60591L

I have a stainless one. I have no problems in good lighting, but I find it difficult to pick up the sights with speed in a drizzle or low light such as a foggy morning. My front sight is very wide, with a squared rear notch. I would love it if it had the standard thin blade and rear notch.

All my center fire revolvers are 5 4 Colt birds heads: two OM RVSSBH, 4 5/8" barrels. one Thunderer and one Uberti old model Cattleman, 4 3/4". Have no complaints with any of them

I have a Uberti Thunder 3/5" barrel in .45 Colt tuned by Jimmy Spurs for reliability, not necessarily CAS. I carry this gun as a spare and as a truck-gun when I travel.

I am not so sure about PAO/POI as I tend to shoot this shorty more point-of-point which does a good job POI. It points much better than it aims, but I never intended on using it beyond 10 yards anyways.

Great concealed carry gun. Lots of horsepower in a small package.

I have limited real estate around my middle. I found that it felt very bulk to me, and the hammer dug in without mercy. This was, however, in an IWB holster. A normal carry holster under a jacket would be comfortable enough.

I have a 3 1/2" Thunderer in 44 Spcl. The short barrels have the same front sight as the longer barrels which can cause them to point a little lower. Mine shot low with 200gr cowboy loads, but with a 240gr bullet loaded a little more stout it shoots to point of aim. I could have filed the sight down for the lighter loads but I don't shoot it too much for CAS.

Archived