SASS Wire Forum

Team SASS: 10 Million Man March in DC

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

I've seen the plan and post for a 10 Million Man March in DC and that would be truly astounding if they could ever pull off something of that magnitude.

However...just a few comments….I certainly don’t oppose the idea of large rallies in DC in any way but…I’ve been in that mall area they speak of during political rallies and you can’t get 10 million people in there...not even close. Additionally, most people can’t get there for reasons of distance, available accommodations, time off from the job, family demands and COST. However, for those who can get there, I would encourage them to do so.

As for others who want to consider an alternative, I suggest multiple, well organized and well attended rallies at the local and state level all across America…best case would be to coordinate and conduct those rallies on the same day. Such rallies would be easier to attend for the reasons stated above and would show universal commitment across America and do so in large numbers.

I’ve attended local rallies and they are indeed effective! Thousands of pro-gun advocates outside the offices of your senators and representatives get noticed…believe me, we’ve done it.

In the final analysis;

Who must we convince on the federal level? Answer: Those who vote in Washington DC on the federal level.

What influences their vote the most? Answer: An insatiable desire to retain the power of office.

What are they most afraid of? Answer: Losing that beloved power of office.

Who are they most afraid of when the chips are down? Answer: those who vote to elect or deny them that office.

Where are those who vote located? Answer: In their home states and local districts.

Where can we most effectively and most easily send our message and instill that fear? Answer: In their home states and local districts.

Where do we have the greatest chance of getting the required numbers at those rallies to send our message and instill that fear? Answer: In their home states and local districts.

Just the view from my saddle…A view I’ll push with national gun organizations and manufacturers when I get the opportunity.

Soldier on Team SASS... :FlagAm:

Well put Col. Dan. I think it's absolutely essential to keep our representatives aware of our strong opposition, especially at the state level. NY, CA, CT, and CO have already put forth several oppressive gun control bills in their state legislatures. They are trying to strike while emotions are still high and before there is organized resistance from gun owners on a local and state level. I see that as our most immediate threat.

Get local and get vocal!

Based on my experience with mass rallies in DC, and local rallies, and massive turnouts at "town halls" held by some politicans, these just do not work. Politicians and their compliant mass media will label and seek to marginalize the participants. And Homeland Security will label them as terrorist threats, as HS has already done with some conservative groups.

One tactic that is effective is to threaten to "primary" politicians that support ill-conceived (like there is any other type) gun banning or confiscation proposals. Let targeted politicians know that they will face opponents in their primary elections, and that their opponents will be strongly supported with money (the most powerful) and human resources (the second most powerful) in primary elections. A bruising primary election will be the most effective threat against an entrenched politician.

Most folks don't vote in primaries. We can even change our party affiliation for the primary to vote in those states that do not have open primaries. Such a campaign, or even the threat of such a campaign can be effective, provided the effort it targeted and focused. Pick your targets, preferably those supporting gun control from otherwise conservative areas.

Write, email, and call all your representatives at all levels of government. Frequently. Imagine the impact if in the month of Feb. half the gun owners in the US sent a letter to POTUS demanding that he remember his oath to support the Constitution and that he no place further restrictions on our civil rights.

Imagine the impact if every member of Congress, both houses, got a half million letters with the same message. Just the man hours they would expend on dealing with the letters would be staggering.

Good Idea Colonel,

Date and time of the Sacramento, California Million Cowboy March Please. I'm close enough and I can't wait to sit on their front steps.

Thanks for leading the charge.

Conejo

Heck, with the number of bills already in the pipe, and the number that are likely to be introduced we don't need a march in Sac, we need a Pro-Second Amendment Occupy Movement to camp out there for a few months.

Canejo Kid, Seems like they had one on January 19th. I simply Googled it and found that out.

Keep a eye on the Web for events in your local area and then inform others. As Dirty Harry Callahan said, "a man has to know his limitations" My limitation is knowing what's going on in all locals in all 50 states...we need Team SASS working together in order to effectively tackle this mission. We need folks like you CK tracking events in your local area and informing others regarding the details.

Thanks for your partcipation, help and dedication CK.

CD

Good Idea Colonel,

Date and time of the Sacramento, California Million Cowboy March Please. I'm close enough and I can't wait to sit on their front steps.

Thanks for leading the charge.

Conejo

Howdy Kid!

Lucky just hung up from speaking with Joette. We're in and will keep our eyes on Sacramento as well. Let us know if you hear anything and we'll do the same.

Archived