SASS Wire Forum

Home Invader Shot

Taquila Tab, Sass #25048

Here's a link to a story of a recent incident that won't make the national news. One of our off-duty Conservation Police Officers had a domestic dispute roll up into his front yard and then into his house. He ended up fatally shooting the home invader. The audio from the 911 call is chilling.

Shooting Story

As the saying goes, when seconds count police are minutes away are true. It took them around 7 minutes to respond to the scene.

The guy did everything he could to get that joker to back off, and he didn't. The invader got what he deserved.

Eight minutes response time.

The homeowner was told to leave his gun on the floor beside a crazy woman... I would make certain the gun was empty at that time and hope . . .

Very scary.

Eight minutes response time.

The homeowner was told to leave his gun on the floor beside a crazy woman... I would make certain the gun was empty at that time and hope . . .

Very scary.

I agree. I thought that part was questionable on the 911 dispatcher. But I have to say I was proud of the professionalism (not to mention patience) the officer showed under the stress of the event. I know our agency supports him (he's been on paid administrative leave since the incident) but I'd be proud if they gave him some kind of award.

Archived