SASS Wire Forum

How's this for a gunsmith

Yusta B.

Last week I started a thread about an OOB discharge I had in my '73. I sent Cody Conagher an email asking whether the links in my Codymatic were special or standard factory parts.

His reply: "They are factory. Whats your adrs and I will send you a new pair."

I received them yesterday. Thing is - there was no bill enclosed.

Is this "The Cowboy Way" or what !!

Last week I started a thread about an OOB discharge I had in my '73. I sent Cody Conagher an email asking whether the links in my Codymatic were special or standard factory parts.

His reply: "They are factory. Whats your adrs and I will send you a new pair."

I received them yesterday. Thing is - there was no bill enclosed.

Is this "The Cowboy Way" or what !!

Indeed - that's ONE of the BEST aspects of this sport - folks helpin' each other out. Even when you offer them payment and they simply won't take it.

It's fantastic and it only emboldens us who have been helped to help others ~ it's a beautiful thing :)

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>

Yusta,

Do you still have the lever safety installed on your '73?

Installed & working. The best explanation suggested was that I was late on the trigger & had just barely started to lever the action when the hammer fell.

Cody is a good man and has done much for this sport.

The reason I mentioned "late on the trigger" in the prior thread was because I've seen it happen more than a few times. It is something that you can "hear" on occasion. I had one pretty fast shooter whose timing was such that he consistently opened the lever quicker than his trigger finger kept up. You could hear the gun "pop" with each shot.

Archived