SASS Wire Forum

Christmas train video

Doc Nelson #19958

Howdy y'all,

A new job makes it so I have little home time this year so my normal timing is somewhat off, BUT I'm wishing the best for all of us and hope ya might enjoy this 5 minute

of my Christmas train setup.

Doc (hope to be shooting a lot more but probably not much in 2013) Nelson

Nice train set up.Thanks,we liked it .

Truly one of the best train videos I've seen.

Thanks it was fun!

Awesome train Doc. Great video. I especially enjoyed riding the train through the tunnel and over the bridge. Made me feel like I was on a rollercoaster.

Thanks for sharing.

BB

Forty Rod, yes it is Lionel fast-track, the other is the old style track that I've converted to a roadbed. I did that before Fast-track came about. I plan to eventually run a second fast-track around the room with a double tunnel etc. It is good to have dreams.

The Stage Coach is carved from a piece of balsa, scroll-sawn wheels, hand carved driver, horses were from figures available in O scale.

Both trains in the video are Lionel, however I've given them a paint scheme that I prefer, the main one shown is very similar to one of the engines used at Promontory Point here in Utah when the transcontinental railroad was joined, east and west.

All of the buildings etc. were done at the rate of one or two per year and reflect some family history but mostly fantasy while trying to reflect a growing western community.

I've been playing with model steam engine trains since I was a first year teen-ager.

Doc Nelson

Archived