SASS Wire Forum

What a great deal!

Goody, SASS #26190

So it's been a while since I shot my 1860's. The last time I bought balls for them the Hornady's were $7.00 or so per hundred. Shot them this weekend and just about went through my balls. So I stop at a Walmart on the way home, no balls. Try an Academy, same result. Go into Winchester Shooting Gallery and Gunshop in Fort Worth, "no, don't carry them anymore, try Cabelas or Bass Pro." Pretty tired by now, think maybe I'll try on Sunday. Decide with gas at $3.50 a gallon might check mail order places. Find out they've gone up a might, now they are $15.00 per hundred plus shipping!

Lawdy, lawdy, what to do? Then it dawns on me. Folks have talked about old Springfield Slim of Whyte's Leather Work fame. Check his website and sure nuff, $18.00, but this time it is for 250! Shipped it's gonna run me $23.00 and they'll be here in a couple days. Happy days are here again. I will be well supplied to whip the pants of Two Gun Johnnie at CAC in the Plainsman side match!

http://www.whyteleatherworks.com/

Try it, you'll like 'em! ;)

Whyte's Leather Work may have some impressive balls, but I'm partial to my balls. I have big, nice and round .457 balls that I cast myself. Just saying.

:FlagAm:

:)

Whyte's Leather Work may have some impressive balls, but I'm partial to my balls. I have big, nice and round .457 balls that I cast myself. Just saying.

:FlagAm:

:)

I thought you had brass....nevermind...I guess Dirty Dan Dawkins was misinformed :)

Hey Goody,

Sure glad you got the balls to shoot Plainsman.

I shoot it and it is a lot of fun fer sure. Yea Two Gun does make it fun. :)

We will also have it at Texas State so don't shoot all your balls. :rolleyes:

I'm lucky enough to have our local CAS bullet guy make them for me.

WJ

Archived