SASS Wire Forum

Worst Day Yet!

Ben Bitten

I tried my hand (no pun intended) at shooting Duelist today... Wow! I typically don't shoot one-handed. Add to this I was using a brand-spankin' new rifle and hadn't had a chance to sight it in yet... My first stage I had 9 misses! (4 with the rifle) After tweaking the rear sight on said rifle my second stage had a mere 7 misses (3 with the rifle). By my last stage I was down to 4 (all with the pistols). I didn't want to know what my times were! But... I had a great day shooting. Throw in a cicada that had aggressively camped out on a lasso right as I was about to use it at the opening of Stage 3 and we all had some really good laughs at my expense.

Despite it being my worst display of accuracy (ever!) it was still a great day at the range with some great pards. A bad day shooting CAS is still a great day in my book.

I love his sport! :D

If ya ain't havin' fun on the good days and the bad...well, that's just a lot of hard earned cash and precious time wasted. This game is fun PERIOD!!!!

Four Bucks

Well I had a smoking match this weekend. I was shooting extremly well...fast, smooth, and accurate. Unfortunately that dropped unloaded gun on the first stage put a BIG damper on my overall score :P

Was still a great match!

JEL

Well I had a smoking match this weekend. I was shooting extremly well...fast, smooth, and accurate. Unfortunately that dropped unloaded gun on the first stage put a BIG damper on my overall score :P

Was still a great match!

JEL

At least it wasn't loaded. I had that happen back in May on the 1st stage, pistol decided to jump out of the holster and I was running the posse to.

Oh well, I got lots of practice running the timer the rest of the day. :)

I tried my hand (no pun intended) at shooting Duelist today... Wow! I typically don't shoot one-handed. Add to this I was using a brand-spankin' new rifle and hadn't had a chance to sight it in yet... My first stage I had 9 misses! (4 with the rifle) After tweaking the rear sight on said rifle my second stage had a mere 7 misses (3 with the rifle). By my last stage I was down to 4 (all with the pistols). I didn't want to know what my times were! But... I had a great day shooting. Throw in a cicada that had aggressively camped out on a lasso right as I was about to use it at the opening of Stage 3 and we all had some really good laughs at my expense.

Despite it being my worst display of accuracy (ever!) it was still a great day at the range with some great pards. A bad day shooting CAS is still a great day in my book.

I love his sport! :D

This game is a work in progress for me - I haven't practiced or even dry fired so much and it's true when folks say you only get out of it what you put in.

It'll get better and the FUN factor will just increase!

Enjoy!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived